Tuesday, October 25, 2005

Cruyff....STFU!!!

For those of you’ll who don’t know the great Mr. Johan Cruyff let me brief you a bit on the so called “Legend.”

Played for Ajax and Barcelona. Won the European Footballer of the year award in 1971, 73 and 74. 48 International Caps (Holland.) Was in charge of Barcelona between 1988 and 1996 and won four successive titles and the European Cup in 1992 and I do believe he lost a 4-0 to AC Milan in the 1994 European Cup final.

Cruyff is one who called Chelsea and Mourinho non-entertaining; he also claims he would be happy to teach Chelsea boss Jose Mourinho how to play well - just like he did at Ajax in the 70s or Barcelona in the 90s. Mourinho has responded by inviting the Dutchman to teach him how to become a better manager.

Cruyff quotes “I would happily teach him not just about winning and playing well, but also about winning respect from people, and that is more important than the titles you win.

But it's better that I don't teach him how to lose a final by 4-0. This happens when you have a very long career, a career that began at the age of 17 and that continued until the age of 40 as a player and then other years as a coach.

At his age, he has sufficient time to learn how to win and how to lose. To earn the respect of the whole world is a different story.”

Mourinho responded to this by saying “Since 1996, he (Cruyff) refuses to step into the new football reality. Football is waiting for him to be a teacher. I want him to come forward and teach me. I humbly ask for it. I want him to help me to be a better coach because I don't want to stop learning.

But he cannot teach me to be national champion because I already am three times. He cannot teach me how to win cups and Super Cups because I already did. He cannot teach me to conquer the UEFA Cup because I also have it. He cannot teach me to become a European champion either.”

Cruyff I speak for all Chelsea fans when I say, I think you have had your 15 seconds of fame (see I put you up on my blog too.) Now do us a favor and shut up.


Technorati Tags : , ,

Powered By Qumana

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

But his real claim to fame is that he played against Chels, for NY Cosmos in the late 70's.

CFC in Belize

4:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Neil,

Thanks for email and suggested link. I'll look into it. I'm a Bolton fan by the way and interested to see what goes on in the mind of a Chelsea supporter.

Cheers

2:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Do you honestly defend Mourinho, a coach who accused Frank Rijkaard of cheating, which was a blatant lie, and a coach who shows a complete lack of repect for the integrity of competition and for the greatest players in the history of the game?

If you love football, think twice about defending your arrogant coach blindly.

Having said that, cheers to the great players of Chelsea.

5:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Maybe Cruyff could show Mourinho how to win European Semi's with Chelski.

Anyways back to your boring Chelski armchair fan blog..

8:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker