Monday, October 31, 2005

Funny Stuff, Check it Out!!

I know this article is around 2 days old, but it’s really quite funny. So I thought I'd put it up.

 

A nine-year-old boy who invaded a football pitch to slide tackle a Premiership star was shown the red card - by his mum.

She has banned Everton fan Richard Dunne from going to Goodison Park to watch his heroes until further notice.

Richard, just 4ft tall, launched a two-footed tackle on Middlesbrough defender Frank Queudrue during Wednesday’s Carling Cup game.

Mum Michelle, 38, said: “I was shocked when the police rang to say what Richard had done. They gave him a good ticking off. But he’s a nice lad, he just gets over-excited at matches.”

“He’s been grounded indefinitely and I’ve not decided when he can go back to Goodison.”

Richard, who has apologised, revealed he invaded the pitch for a bet.

He said: “One of my brother’s mates bet me £20 that I couldn’t tackle better than any of the Everton players. I jumped over the barrier and ran for the nearest player. It felt great — but I know it was wrong.”

Everton have decided to take no action.

By ANDY RUSSELL

 
Powered By Qumana

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker