Friday, December 23, 2005

Mourinho’s Famous Lines

On his arrival - June 2004

“We have top players and, sorry if I'm arrogant, we have a top manager.”

 

“I'm not a defender of old or new football managers. I believe in good ones and bad ones, those that achieve success and those that don't. Please don't call me arrogant, but I'm European champion and I think I'm a special one.”

 

On his new job - July 2004

“If I wanted to have an easy job...I would have stayed at Porto - beautiful blue chair, the Uefa Champions League trophy, God, and after God, me.”

 

On Arsenal after their 5-4 win at Spurs - November 2004

“That was not a football score, it was a hockey score...in training I often play matches of three against three and when the score reaches 5-4 I send the players back to the dressing room, because they are not defending properly.”

 

On Sir Alex Ferguson - January 2005

“This is nothing against Sir Alex whatsoever. After the game on Wednesday we were together in my office and we spoke and drank wine. Unfortunately it was a very bad bottle of wine and he was complaining, so when we go to Old Trafford for the second leg, on my birthday, I will take a beautiful bottle of Portuguese wine.”

 

On Blackburn - February 2005

“Look at the blond boy in midfield, Robbie Savage, who commits 20 fouls during the game and never gets a booking. We came here to play football and it was not a football game, it was a fight and we fought and I think we fought fantastically.”

 

On leading the title race - February 2005

“We are on top at the moment but not because of the club's financial power. We are in contention for a lot of trophies because of my hard work.”

 

On Roman Abramovich - March 2005

If he helped me out in training we would be bottom of the league and if I had to work in his world of big business, we would be bankrupt!”

 

On Liverpool after Champions League loss - May 2005

“It was a goal that came from the moon - from the Anfield stands.”

 

“The best team lost. After they scored only one team played, the other one just defended for the whole game.”

 

“Liverpool scored, if you can say that they scored, because maybe you should say the linesman scored.”

 

On Manchester United - May 2005

“I saw their players and manager go for a lap of honour after losing to us in their last home game. In Portugal if you do this, they throw bottles at you!”

 

On Arsenal's French farce of a penalty - October 2005

“You have to wonder why they did that penalty. Because they have so many penalties in the season, that's why. They have to do something special and different.”

 

The Last and Most FAMOUS....................

 

On Arsene Wenger - October 2005

“I think he is one of these people who is a voyeur. He likes to watch other people. There are some guys who, when they are at home, have a big telescope to see what happens in other families. He speaks, speaks, speaks about Chelsea.”

 

Just for the record I still think Mourinho is one of the best Damm things that happened to Chelsea, this post just shows how entertaining he can be off the pitch too.

 

MERRY X’MAS TO ALL

Technorati Tags : , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker