Tuesday, December 20, 2005

So Close Yet So Far

Well Chelsea’s star mid-fielder Frank Lampard, this time too finished 2nd to Ronaldinho in the FIFA’s World Player of the Year award. The reason I said “Yet So Far” is because Ronaldinho polled 956 points while Lampard polled 306 and Eto'o 190.

 

Well those figured don’t lie, Ronaldinho beat Lampard by a whopping 650, well there’s always next year. Ronaldinho bagged the award for the second time in a row, which just proves how popular he is among the national team coach and captain from each member association in FIFA(Voters.)

 

After the results were announced Lampard had this to say “To come second to Ronaldinho is almost a victory. I'm very happy. To come second is a fantastic achievement for me - there's so many great players in the world.”

 

“Ronaldinho is so good, he fully deserves to be crowned the best player in the world. I think I've improved, I work very hard, I train very hard, I'm very ambitious and I want to get better every season. I put my progress down to the hard work I've put in and the help of my team-mates. Playing with good players makes your job a lot easier.”

 

“I try to improve every year - this year I came second, next year I will try to come first. It's a big season, a World Cup year, and I'm hoping for success for my teams.”

 

There has been a lot of talk about Lampard moving to Barcelona, so the Chelsea vice-captain decided to comment on that once and for all. “I'm a Chelsea player, I'm a very loyal player, and I concentrate 100% on the team - it's impossible for me to do anything else. I have a fantastic manager, fantastic team-mates around me that have helped me get to this position and I'm looking forward to big success this year.”

 

“When I play I try to contribute to my team whether it's for Chelsea or for England so that's what I'll be looking for next year. Personal awards are good but the team awards are the ones I really want. I would happily swap the World Player award to win the Champions League.”

 

Well the Man in Blue has spoken, Barca Beware!!!!!! The Blues are Coming!!!

Technorati Tags : , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker