Monday, November 14, 2005

Crespo is Happy at the Bridge

The Argentina vs. England match featured 6 Chelsea players.
Crespo
Terry
Bridge
Lampard
J Cole
Wright-Phillips (Bench)

Crespo scored the 1st goal while J Cole set up one for Owen; the others had a fairly good game too. Carlton Cole apparently made a few statements about Crespo not being happy at Stanford Bridge, which just added to the speculation that the Argentina striker may leave the club in the January transfer window. Well this is what Crespo had to say after England's 3-2 win over Argentina. “I will stay. When I came back three months ago, I signed a new contract for one more year. So why do I need to change something after three months?” “I have shown that when I have an opportunity to do something in Chelsea, I'm ready to play. But the season is long. If I don't have a lot of minutes now, I don't have a problem. Normally I need to play more and more, but I don't have problems with anybody.” Against Newcastle, Crespo could again face Michael Owen, who struck England's two late goals in Geneva. “Maybe he will celebrate now but, for the Newcastle game, he will be tired! When you play a great player like this, you know he may not touch the ball for 80 minutes. But in the last 10 minutes, he can score twice and beat you. He's a great player and he has a history against Argentina after the 1998 World Cup.”

Technorati Tags : , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker